Boston Burn Injury Attorneys
Severe Burn Injury Claims in Massachusetts
Have you suffered a catastrophic burn injury caused by another party’s mistakes? It is only right for you to seek full compensation from that party. They might not agree, though. Or, at the least, the insurance company representing them probably will try to limit how much compensation you are given, even if your life has been forever changed by your burn.
When it is time to go up against a major insurance company, you should trust in the talents and experience of the Boston burn injury lawyers of Crowe & Harris, LLP . Insurers and competing law firms alike recognize our name and our history, so you know you can be confident in our abilities, too.
Reasons why people choose our law firm for tough cases:
- We have won more than $500 million for past clients.
- We are highly praised by past clients.
- Our firm was named a Best Lawyers® Best law Firms of 2022 winner.
- Our attorneys have won various professional awards.
Find out more about our firm and your legal options. Call (617) 404-3417now.
On This Page:
- Causes of Burn Injuries
- Burn Injury Severity Ratings
- Financial Compensation Owed to You
- Call Our Trusted Boston Burn Injury Lawyers Today
Causes of Burn Injuries
Burn injuries can be caused by a wide range of accidents involving fires, explosions, or exposure to caustic chemicals. Our attorneys represent all types of catastrophic burn injury claims, including:
Burn Injury Severity Ratings
How bad is your burn injury? You will obviously feel like your burn is severe, but the question of how bad it is objectively is important. In medical contexts, burn injuries are classified by their severity, which we need to know while working on your burn injury case.
Burn injuries are sorted by degrees, including:
- First-degree: A first-degree burn is mild and should heal easily with basic first aid in the home. It will not justify an injury claim in most cases.
- Second-degree: A second-degree burn is moderate and should be treated in urgent care. If it heals incorrectly or causes an infection, then it might justify an injury claim.
- Third-degree: A third-degree burn is severe, and emergency medical attention is required. It can be fatal if not treated correctly and immediately. Most burn injury claims involve a third-degree burn.
- Fourth-degree: A fourth-degree burn is typically not survivable because of the amount of tissue destroyed. A wrongful death claim filed by the victim’s family might follow.
The degree assigned to your burn injury is important because it directly reflects how much you have suffered because of the burn. If the opposition wants to argue that you must be exaggerating your hardships, then it will have a much harder time if medical experts have classified your burn as third-degree. We can work closely with medical professionals to understand the extent of your burn.
Financial Compensation Owed to You
Our lawyers can also work with third-party financial experts when building your case. We need to know just how much financial loss you can expect far into the future because of your catastrophic injury. For example, if you can never hold gainful employment again because of your injury and disability, then your case’s value needs to factor that in.
Calculating your claim’s value will consider these damages and more:
- Past and future medical care
- Past and future lost wages
- Permanent disability consequences
- Pain, suffering, and traumatization
Call Our Trusted Boston Burn Injury Lawyers Today
You do not need to hesitate to get legal counsel to assist with your burn injury claim, not when Crowe & Harris, LLP in Boston offers its support. We are a full team of legal professionals who would be happy to help you with your case from start to finish. From investigating your accident to negotiating for a fair settlement amount, let us manage your case, so you can focus on yourself and restful recovery.
Starting your case sooner than later is better. Contact us online today.